Group Leader Positions at National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
National Institute of Biological Sciences (NIBS), Beijing (http://www.nibs.ac.cn), an HHMI-style biomedical research institute funded by Chinese government, is seeking multiple outstanding Principal Investigators (PI), and independent Fellows to conduct cut-edge research in life sciences. The newly established NIBS Fellow program is to empower exceptional young scientists on a fast-track to conduct independent research at the early stage of their career.
Qualified candidates should have a Ph.D./M.D. degree and several years of postdoctoral training or industrial experience for PIs; or, within two years of postdoctoral training for Fellows, with a strong track record in the mechanism-based biological research, disease-related research, or chemistry/drug discovery. Successful candidates are selected solely based on scientific merits, regardless of gender, nationality, and race.
NIBS is SCIENTIST CENTRIC–providing
1) Internationally competitive salaries, generous start-up and funding support (no need for grant application), and highly stimulating research environment;
2) Thirteen state-of-the-art core facilities covering chemistry, imaging, and single cell RNA-Seq to CRISPR mice and forward genetics screening;
3) Three TITAN EM microscopes for breakthrough structural research;
4) Two new buildings (31,000 m2) to expand strong basic and translational research;
5) Three outstanding graduate programs, strong administrative support, and open communication with international scientific community.
The spirit of NIBS is to allow scientists maximal freedom and focus to conduct highly creative research and make breakthrough discoveries at his/her own will.
All NIBS PIs/Fellows will become members of Tsinghua Institute of Multidisciplinary Biomedical Research (TIMBR), established jointly by NIBS and Tsinghua University, and enjoy full benefits of Tsinghua faculty, including tenure-track, housing and children’s access to Tsinghua affiliated schools.
The initial appointment for PIs/Fellows will be 5 years and renewal is conditional upon passing reviews by an international committee. Fellows will receive 400,000 CNY annual salary, 4 million CNY start-up fund, and 1.5 million CNY/year budget. Fellows will be evaluated by advisory committee after three years and those with outstanding performance will be granted early promotion to PIs. Prospective applicants should send curriculum vitae, statement of research interests and future plan, and have three letters of recommendation sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by September 31, 2020.